Why Choose Our Program...
Avoid Visual Screenings...
- Visual screenings may be unequipped or inadequate to evaluate for prescription eyeglasses and eye health evaluation.
- Often just an eye chart is used for evaluations, and children are rushed through screenings.
- Allied healthcare individuals are unfortunately missing almost 70 percent of the eyecare cases.
- Even if a child is recommended to see an eye doctor after the visual screening, only 1 in 5 do so. 73% chance your child will continue struggling with a visual problem that goes untreated.
Why Should I Have My Child ’s Eyes Examined?
Did you know…
“When you screen someone, it gives them the false sense they had an eye exam when they didn’t.”
Dr. Powell President of American Optometric Association
Recent data shows that in the U.S. only 7% of children beginning first-grade report having received an eye exam. Research shows that children with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), in the range of 6-16 years, and juvenile offenders, have high rates of undiagnosed and untreated eye problems including hyperopia (farsightedness) affecting reading speed and comprehension.
The National Eye Institute estimated the economic cost of visual disorders and disabilities at $68 billion.
Eye on Education features
On-Site Eye Vision Testing to your New York City Public, Parochial, Private, & Charter Schools.
Dr. Ezra Cohen provides each child:
Complete comprehensive examination including dilation and the choice of designer eyewear for qualified students.
Dr. Cohen & his staff are highly experienced at providing eye health care.
We carry the latest in digital eye care technology
Evaluation of Motor Skills
IS IT REALLY FREE?
President Obama Healthcare Reform
Affordable Care Act of 2014 lists 10 essential health benefits for all people across the United States.#10 Benefit: “Pediatric services: This includes Dental Care and Vision Care for kids”
According to the AOA’s 2015 American Eye Q survey, 54 % of adults are not aware that insurance plans now cover Children’s Eye Exams as part of the Affordable Care Act!
What’s So Special About Our EyeCare?
- Comprehensive Eye Health Evaluation
- Diagnosis of Muscle & Lazy Eyes
- Free Eyeglasses to Qualified Students
- Written Report of Findings to Parents
- Referral database for specialized care
- On-Site Evaluation saves parents precious time
- 70% of the children have never had an Eye Exam!
- 20-25% of the students required Eyeglasses!
- 1% required specialized treatment
Our Eyecare Team efforts have resulted in significant improvement in learning and growth.
Dr. Ezra Cohen Evaluates Eye Health
Dr. Haim Cohen Checks Rx
Why are kids’ eye exams so important?
It is extremely important that children receive attention regarding their eyesight from a very early age to be sure that everything is developing correctly and to diagnose and treat any problems before they worsen or lead to more serious complications.
Two such conditions are Strabismus and Amblyopia.
In Strabismus the eyes are not aligned together, with one eye looking straight while the other may look inward, outward, up or down. Amblyopia, sometimes known as lazy eye is a condition in which a person has very poor sight in one eye because that eye did not develop healthy sight during the person’s development.
Feel free to call us at 718-946-5060 for further information
Early eye exams also are important because children need the following basic visual skills for learning:
- Near vision
- Distance vision
- Eye teaming (binocularity) skills
- Eye movement skills
- Focusing skills
- Peripheral awareness
- Eye/hand coordination
Only through a comprehensive eye exam can many eye conditions that can cause difficulties later in life be easily detected and treated in childhood if parents are cautious to have eye exams early and often for their children.
- Public School 225
- Ateret Torah Girls School
- Ateret Torah Boys School
- Ahi Ezer Yeshivah
- Shaare Hayosher School
- Zion Daycare-Headstart Program
- Kindervelt School-Head Start Program
- Crown Heights Yeshivah
- Shaare Torah Girls School
- Shaare Torah Boys School
- Yeshivat Mekor Chaim
- Yeshivat Lev Torah